Ecumenical Ministries of Oregon
About Us Events Give Get Involved Public Witness & Peacemaking Theological Dialogue Community Ministries Earth Ministries Ecumenical Ministries of Oregon

>> Communities of Support
      and Accountability

>> Food Services
      Delizioso Catering

>> HIV Services
>> Northeast Emergency
      Food Program

>> Patton Home
>> Shared Housing
>> Second Home
>> Refugee & Immigration

>> Russian Oregon
      Social Services

>> Sponsors Organized
      to Assist Refugees
>> SOAR Immigration
      Legal Services

Untitled Document

Donate Now


Shared Housing

Shared Housing
The Shared Housing program closed in June 2013, due to budget cuts by the City of Portland. Our profound thanks to the dedicated staff and volunteers who housed thousands of clients through the Shared Housing program since 1982. Below are resources to help individuals facilitate home-share arrangements.

Why home share?
• Reduce housing costs
• Get help with chores
• Share in household responsibilities
• Enjoy living with other people or do not want to live alone
• Feel safer with someone else in the house
• Support community members


Helpful Documents (download PDF files)
Suggested Questions and Considerations for Home-Sharing
House Rules
Home-Share Rental Agreement
Tenant Readiness Checklist
What is a room or service exchange worth?

Affordable Housing
Housing Connections,
Affordable housing search Website with information on apartments that are available now and in the future. You can find out which buildings have open waiting lists and income-based rents.

Legal Assistance
Community Alliance of Tenants: Provides education and advocacy for tenants. Tenants rights hotline, (503) 288-0130,
Legal Aid (Portland):, (503) 224-4086.
Oregon State Bar, Information on landlord and tenant rights /responsibilities.

Washington Legal Assistance
CLEAR Legal Help-line: 1-888-201-1014
Landlord/Tenant law brochure,

Furniture/Household Goods
Community Warehouse (Portland and Tigard): The Community Warehouse is like a thrift-store where you can furnish an apartment or room from donated items for a small, flat fee. You must be referred by a case manager from a local agency; some agencies who handle referrals include Transition Projects and Salvation Army shelters.
LoveINC: Washington County, (503) 336-5946; Clackamas, (503) 650-0153.

Mediation Resources
Resolutions Northwest (Portland): (503) 595-4890,
Beaverton Dispute Resolution Center: From Portland city limits to 185th in Beaverton, (503) 526-2523,
Volunteers for the Hillsboro Police Department (Washington County): (503) 615-6797.
Clackamas County Dispute Resolution Center: (503) 655-8850,
Community Mediation Services (Clark County): (360) 334-5862,

Untitled Document

About Us    Events    Give    Get Involved    Public Witness & Peacemaking    Theological Dialogue    Community Ministries    Environmental Ministries

Copyright © 1999-2017 Ecumenical Ministries of Oregon   |   Contact Us   |   Privacy Policy   |   Home